Blogger Raegan Payne was fetured in the July 2010 edition of Reader’s Digest in the Make it Matter section in the article titled “5 Ways to Lend a Hand. I was excited about her blog, The Good Muse, where she documented her charitable activities. She set a goal to do 50 charitable things during the year. I’ve posted some of them below as ideas for those of you planning service projects.
- Organized a canned food drive
- Volunteered to serve food at her local mission
- Helped clean up after the Nashville flood
- Wrote a play for a startup theater
- Signed up as a bone marrow donor at http://www.marrow.org/
- Helped out with the Trash for Teaching organization http://www.trashforteaching.org/index.html
- Tips on volunteering for the environment http://www.celsias.com/article/12-ways-volunteer-environment/
- Passed out brochures for Food Forward (http://www.foodforward.org/contact_press.html) an organization that will come out and pick the extra fruit off your trees to give to the needy
- Volunteered at a farm animal sanctuary
Visit The Good Muse: Volunteer Journal to see what other ideas Raegan Payne has.